Forum

× Help Forum English

Feature Icons Demonstration

• doorknob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #8563 by doorknob
Feature Icons Demonstration was created by doorknob
Now that v3.4.0 is released, I thought you might like to see how I use the feature icons. The calendar can be seen here: calendar page and an event listing here: event list page . I don't currently have a menu item that displays an event detail page but you can see one by just clicking through from either of the above pages
The following user(s) said Thank You: grisuu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
9 years 3 months ago #8577 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Thank you doorknob for sharing!

@all : doorknob is the creator of the Feature icons functionality, and all feedback is welcome!

I'm sure everyone is enjoying this new functionality of iCagenda. A great new feature!!!

Thanks doorknob!!! B)

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• admin187fds
More
9 years 1 month ago #9031 by admin187fds
Replied by admin187fds on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Sorry, this may seem like a dumb question, but what exactly does the "New Feature" option do? I understand how it to make one but not what to do with it when one is created.

• doorknob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #9033 by doorknob
Replied by doorknob on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
A 'feature' allows you to indicate to visitors that an event has a specific characteristic. Examples on my web site include 'free of charge' and 'car parking available'. The feature can then be linked to an event in the event editing screen ('information' tab). If you have associated an icon with the feature then the icon will be displayed on lists and detail pages. You can also use features to filter lists when you create a menu option for an iCagenda event list. This would allow, for example, separate lists for 'free events' and 'chargeable events'. If you wish, you can create 'features' that are only used for filtering lists.
If you look at my site here , you'll see a module that allows the visitor to dynamically edit the filter. This gives an illustration of how features can be used for filtering events (the module I use is not part of iCagenda but the same filtering technique is available for list menu items). Features can be used to just display icons, just filter events or both.

• admin187fds
More
9 years 1 month ago #9045 by admin187fds
Replied by admin187fds on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Thankyou doorknob, now I understand.

Regards,

Brian

• rs3511
More
9 years 1 month ago #9051 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Thank you Doorknob. I was trying to user the features on a website and they are not displaying. Is there any other configuration that needs to be set in order to display.

Thank you!!!

• doorknob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #9052 by doorknob
Replied by doorknob on topic Feature Icons Demonstration

rs3511 wrote: I was trying to user the features on a website and they are not displaying. Is there any other configuration that needs to be set in order to display.

I assume that you wish icons to be displayed to indicate that events have specific features.
Create the icon files (five different sizes for each image) and put them in the right directories.
Set up the feature(s) and select an icon for each. The feature status must be 'published'.
Configured the relevant events to include the appropriate features.
In the iCagenda component settings page (Events tab) you must select the size of icon for the events list and also for the single event page.
In the calendar module settings page you set the icon size required in that module's popup.
There is also a similar setting in the list module (available in the pro version only) but I'm not sure if that's implemented in Cyril's version or just in my custom version.
I hope this helps
Phil
The following user(s) said Thank You: rs3511

• rs3511
More
9 years 1 month ago #9064 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Thank you for the details. I was able to configure it correctly. The new "features" are very nice and a great addition to an already outstanding product. Thank you for your contribution!!!

• wfvdijk
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9415 by wfvdijk
Replied by wfvdijk on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
here's another example of icons. I manage a website about the dutch opel manta club and every year, we have a lot of events. Special items of an event are now represented by icons, for example if you can win prices or of it's a multiday event (caravan icon)
have a look at our site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• jha
More
8 years 1 month ago #11784 by jha
Replied by jha on topic Feature Icons Demonstration
Perhaps I'm not looking in the correct place but is it possible to add event features from the front end event creator?

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK