Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED JoomSpirit issue] 2 Calendars appear when you slect to move to a new month

• lloydy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9612 by lloydy
Hi.
when you click on the 'show next month ' arrow on the calendar view, I get a second, identical calendar appearing below the original.

I get 'Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function' errors relating to-->

$(modidid).html('<div class="icloading_box"><div style="text-align:center;">' + loading + '<\/div><div class="icloading_img"><\/div><\/div>').load(url + ' ' + mod_iccalendar, function(){$('#mod_iccalendar_171').highlightToday();});

page is dorkingcameraclub.co.uk/DCC1/

Have I got the config wrong? I'm using 3.5.2 (latest one downloaded from you forum, as it fixed a problem I had with mootools) with Joomla! 3.4.0 Stable [ Ember ]

(I've also stopped using Addthis, as it throws SSl errors at me: my certificate does not appear to get applied to the call to S7....)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grisuu
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9617 by grisuu
Hi lloydy,

try to use this extension to remove your jquery/mootools-conflicts:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...formance/jquery-easy

install and activate this extension, and your problems are gone :-)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by grisuu.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
9 years 1 month ago #9639 by Lyr!C
Hello,

In fact the issue is with your site template joomspirit, which is loaded 2 times each module (this is a bad coding supposed to be responsive, but is not, and which i think was already fixed by developers of JoomSpirit a few months ago).
Maybe your site template is not updated ?

In case it is, or you can update it, edit the index.php as i did in the file attached.

In this index.php, i have commented where i have removed code, and where i have added one.
What is important, is the function i've added to detect the mobile device, just before the body.

Note that i don't have done the change for all dupplicated module position, but it's a good example on how to process it, and fix it. ;-)

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Attachments:

• lloydy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #9652 by lloydy
HI Cyril & Grisuu

many thanks for your help.
I had tried the jquery-easy solution, and found that wasn't the issue, (actually it made it worse if anything in that either the calendar didn't respond, or other site components started misbehaving)

I wasn't aware that the template had been updated ( I need to check that, as I have the site set to auto inform on updates).

Also I will review Cyril's mods, and get back to you.

Many thanks.

David

• rob
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #10919 by rob
Hello, I have the same problem with a template of joomspirit: 2 calendars appear when I move to a new month.
This is the link:

www.happifamily.it

I installed joomla 3.4.4 and icagenda pro 3.5.11

can you help me please?
best regards
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 7 months ago #10926 by Lyr!C

rob wrote: Hello, I have the same problem with a template of joomspirit: 2 calendars appear when I move to a new month.
This is the link:

www.happifamily.it

I installed joomla 3.4.4 and icagenda pro 3.5.11

can you help me please?
best regards

In fact, it is exactly the same issue, and needs to edit index.php to have a real responsive design, as Joomspirit seems not to understand why their code is giving trouble with module using script... (incredible to tell them about it since 2 years, and no change about this error! Everyone could do error in code, i do, but when a way to fix it is so simple, why 2 years or more later, nothing is changed!
Just what's new today : they answer : turn off the responsive option. This option doesn't work if you use a script in your module. (So... First; it's not a real responsive design, and secundly, turning off such an option means a wrong google SEO... with the google not-mobile-friendly sites penalties... So, for me (and not only!) this is a very bad (not to say stupid!) answer! )...

As you have opened a pro ticket, it will be ok for you (i can if you want help you to edit and fix your site template index.php)

Thank other users with such issue, to change template and ask for refund, or to keep telling them their error in code, and that you want to use modules using script (calendar, but not only iCagenda is using script!) and to use a real responsive design!

Thank you!
And hope this message could help users!
;-)

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new