Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED][Siteground : jSGCache plg] Submit Event Page showing errors BEFORE a new event is submitted

• acluck
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #10602 by acluck
Hello, Great extension!

I am trying to create a page where a registered user can submit an event. The menu item goes to submit an event and it all looks good, EXCEPT there is an error at the top of the page for the required fields (see attachment), even before the user submits the form. The error stays on the page, even after the form is submitted (with all require fields filled in) and there is also a success message that the form was saved.

How can I make it so the error ONLY show up if the user submits the form and the required fields are blank?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 8 months ago #10633 by Lyr!C
Hello,

I've already seen such an issue, and it was due to another extension conflicting with the Joomla form validation script used by iCagenda.

Do you have an online link available to the form ?

Regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• acluck
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #10646 by acluck

• acluck
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #10671 by acluck
The error seems to have gone away, perhaps it was a cache issue...HOWEVER, I really need for only Registered users to be able to add items to the calendar. When I enable this option is when I get the same errors (right after I login), so its still an issue.

Is there a way to send a private message with login info so you can take a look?

Thanks!

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 8 months ago #10684 by Lyr!C
You can send me a frontend access at info(at)joomlic.com, but do you have check other extensions as i've already suggested ?

Thank you to check first if there's no conflict from another extension (plugin, template, module...), as iCagenda is using core login system and access control.
Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• acluck
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #10729 by acluck
I sent the login info to the email address you provided.

I found that the error only happens when logged in. I am using native Joomla login. The error does not happen when not logged in.

Thanks.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #10734 by Lyr!C
Hello,

So the issue is with the plugin : System - jSGCache
This one returns a jform validation error in jquery.

The solution for this plugin (i think provided by Siteground ?) is to disable it, or to exclude the url to the form (as i've done directly on your admin side ;-) )

So, now, the validation control of your form is ok! (the conflict of this plugin is with joomla validation script... don't know why, but maybe to be investigated...)

EDIT : well... this plugin doesn't do the job to exclude forms, so you have to edit the url option for dynamic content (forms and every dynamic content... ) : www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher...gcache.htm#blacklist
For SiteGround customers, with the same issue, check if an update exists for jSGCache to exclude forms (JForm), or please, report this issue to your Hoster SiteGround. ;-)

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Lyr!C.

• acluck
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #10735 by acluck
Thank you so much! I did not even realize that Siteground had included this plugin with their install.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 8 months ago #10740 by Lyr!C

Thank you so much! I did not even realize that Siteground had included this plugin with their install.

Yes, and it's good to know, because all extensions using forms seems to have the same issue, so don't know if siteground has already updated their plugin to manage this or not, but with options settings, it's possible to exclude form pages ;-)

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new