Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] iCal download contains date and time of previous event viewed

• webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #13460 by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
[SOLVED] iCal download contains date and time of previous event viewed was created by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
There appears to be a bug in the iCal download feature (possibly other calendar integration features are affected also).

One can view an event and download an ICS file successfully. However, any subsequent attempt to download an ICS file for another event in the same session results in an ICS file that contains the title, description etc of the current event but the date and time of the first event viewed.

Please see attached files:

icagenda.ics - downloaded from www.chelmsfordses.org.uk/events/128-marc...ion-at-sandford-mill
icagenda2.ics - downloaded from www.chelmsfordses.org.uk/events/131-esa-...tecting-planet-earth

Notice how icagenda2.ics (downloaded second) has the date and time of the first event (icagenda.ics) but correct title and description etc.

I have received a complaint from one of my users: please investigate as a matter of urgency.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #13461 by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
Replied by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk on topic BUG: iCal download contains date and time of previous event viewed
Attachments blocked: attempting to upload as ZIP file.
Attachments:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 5 months ago #13466 by Lyr!C
Hello,

I have tested on my test site, on joomlic demo site, and on your own site, and i don't have any issue (look screenshot of my iCal with your 2 events in the calendar... not at the same date!)

I think your issue is not related to ics file of iCagenda (as not changed since a long time, and for me it works on your site) but it could be a cache issue somewhere...

Do you have tested on your site after a full cache clean of the browser cache and sessions ?

Best Regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Attachments:

• Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #13472 by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
Replied by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk on topic BUG: iCal download contains date and time of previous event viewed
Hi Cyril

Thank you for looking into this and for your quick response - much appreciated.

I would agree that this looks like a caching issue. I have reviewed the Joomla settings and all caching is disabled (as far as I can tell: the global cache setting is OFF and the cache plugin is disabled).

I have now been able to reproduce the error on three independent systems with unrelated network connections: MacOS + Safari, Win 7 + IE11, Win 10 + Chrome. All of these have default browser caching settings. I have tried clearing the browser cache but the issue persists.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Adam

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 5 months ago #13481 by Lyr!C
Could you give me a step by step on how to reproduce the issue (go to this *url*, and click on iCal add to cal, go to this *url* ....[...] , and attach a screen shot of the result you have in iCal ?

Do you have tested on Firefox ?

Be aware too that some site template generates their own cache system without taking car of Joomla or other third party extension (which is not always a good practice...)

And not only disable all caching for testing, but clear all site caching, expired files and Browser caching.

But still not able to reproduce this issue.... :huh:

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #13770 by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk
Hi Cyril

Thank you for looking into this further, and sorry for the slow reply. A few updates:
  1. On unrelated matters I am having to make some changes/updates to our site template. I will come back to you if the issue persists after this.
  2. I have recently upgraded to Pro so will open a support ticket instead of continuing discussion here if the issue persists.
  3. My user has reported that it may now be working for them and that it may have been browser-related.
  4. I have recently updated the site to use HTTPS throughout which will no doubt have some impact on caching behaviour.

To answer your immediate question, the steps to reproduce were very simple for me:
  1. Navigate to the first URL www.chelmsfordses.org.uk/events/128-marc...ion-at-sandford-mill
  2. Choose "Add to calendar" > "iCal calendar"
  3. Navigate to the second URL www.chelmsfordses.org.uk/events/131-esa-...tecting-planet-earth
  4. Choose "Add to calendar" > "iCal calendar"
  5. Review the ics files

And yes I was able to reproduce the issue on Chrome, Firefox and Edge on two independent internet connections.

Many thanks
Adam
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by webmaster@chelmsfordses.org.uk.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 4 months ago #13775 by Lyr!C
Hello,

So, it was maybe due to a cache issue, as for now, i still can't reproduce this issue on your site...

But, as there were fixes added for ics add to cal in version 3.6.1, maybe when issue appeared, you were on an older version ?...

About others questions, we will see now on the tickets you have opened ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new