Forum

× Help Forum English

Users cannot edit event out of url/administrator

• kokbira
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #13912 by kokbira
Well, I'll try to be clean...

I am participating on a group that developed a website that uses iCalendar.

Some people of that group sign in on website (not on URL/administrator), and they can add events in iCagenda accessing iCagenda's send event menu item. But after added the event, they cannot edit or delete them, and generally they have to contact administrators of website (that sign in on URL/administrator) to edit or delete these events.

There are any way to perform edition and deletion of events out of administrator access?

On iCagenda permission settings, Create, Delete and Edit are allowed. Access events on administration is disabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 2 months ago #13930 by Lyr!C
Hello,

There are any way to perform edition and deletion of events out of administrator access?

On iCagenda permission settings, Create, Delete and Edit are allowed. Access events on administration is disabled.

It is planned to develop for the pro version an edition of events and member area in frontend.

But today (and for free version in the future), it is possible to use ACL permissions as you said, and to set it to a specific new user groups for the users not allowed to access other parts of administrator.
Attaches a step by step example, on how to create a special access to only "edit own events" in iCagenda and Joomla admin. ;-)

Hope this helps ?

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: tercic

• tercic
More
6 years 2 months ago #15292 by tercic
Hello
I wanted to know when do you plan to launch the pro version with the addition of the frontend edition?
Thank you!

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 2 months ago #15293 by Lyr!C

tercic wrote: Hello
I wanted to know when do you plan to launch the pro version with the addition of the frontend edition?
Thank you!

Hello,

Difficult to give an exact date for this functionnality release, but now it's just a question of a few months (as it is part of the next 3.7.x serie i'm working on since more than 1 year ;-) )

Some news to come in Janurary with an updated roadmap and more details! (i plan a newsletter next months with more information!)

I wish you a Happy New Year!
Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK