Forum

× Help Forum English

Registration in different languages and dates

• SUR-walks
  • SUR-walks's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #14016 by SUR-walks
Hi,
I'm using ICagenda in 3 languages, but I cannot find a way to switch languages within an event, only through the main (menu) link to the agenda.
The main problem of this is if someone registers in one language, it is not combined with the other 2 language's forms, so if I have 10 tickets, I actually offer 30!
Another problem is if I have the same event on several single dates, how can I set different numbers of tickets for different dates? Is this possible in the PRO version?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 1 month ago #14022 by Lyr!C
Hello,

The main problem of this is if someone registers in one language, it is not combined with the other 2 language's forms, so if I have 10 tickets, I actually offer 30!
Another problem is if I have the same event on several single dates, how can I set different numbers of tickets for different dates?

Unfortunately, with Joomla multi-languages system, not currently possible to do this like this.
The reason is that Joomla Item Associations system is not "yet" implemented in iCagenda (but planned for 3.7.x : www.icagenda.com/docs/roadmap)

For now, you need to create only one event for each language (set it to "all").
Then, you need to use a third-party extension :
- Falang, JDiction... to translate content in a independant component, and by using the content xml files provided for iCagenda : www.icagenda.com/resources/addons
- OR, easier if you already have a Joomla multi-languages set the "Joomla-way", you can just use the simple plugin "Easy Language" which allow you to set multiple language strings inside one form field, in a simple and flexible way : extensions.joomla.org/extension/easy-language/

Hope this helps ? (at least, until joomla associations system to be integrated in iCagenda...)

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK