Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] Compatibility with Frontpage Slideshow & other questions

• jonmar
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa - 7 Anni 5 Mesi fa #13038 da jonmar
Hey,

Is there any way to make iCagenda compatible with Frontpage Slideshow, so that I could link iCagenda events directly to the slides? Alternatively, do you know of any slideshow components that already work with iCagenda?

Also is there a way to get the event list to display both the start date and the end date for events that span a period of time, instead of just the current date? Right now events that go on over a period of time just display the current date, but I would like them to show up like this: 5.6. - 15.6. for example. Is that possible?

Thanks
Ultima Modifica 7 Anni 5 Mesi fa da jonmar.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13046 da Lyr!C
Hello!

jonmar ha scritto: Hey,

Is there any way to make iCagenda compatible with Frontpage Slideshow, so that I could link iCagenda events directly to the slides?

Never used this extension, so not possible to answer/know if possible...
Do you have asked its developer if an api could be used to include third party contents in their slideshow extension ?

jonmar ha scritto: Alternatively, do you know of any slideshow components that already work with iCagenda?

Well... i don't know one...
And if one can do it, i was never contacted for this task...

All i can answer is that i have plans for this as a Pro Module in the future (or will see with a third party integration using an api to allow that...) but don't know today when i will have time to work on (or check) this. :side:

jonmar ha scritto: Also is there a way to get the event list to display both the start date and the end date for events that span a period of time, instead of just the current date? Right now events that go on over a period of time just display the current date, but I would like them to show up like this: 5.6. - 15.6. for example. Is that possible?

Thanks

Do you mean in the date box ?
Do you use the default theme pack ? (because, in the "ic_rounded" theme pack, the start and end date are displayed under the event title, but not in the default theme, which is minimized)

Best Regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

• jonmar
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13050 da jonmar
Yes I mean the date box. I'm using a custom theme, and I think I used the default theme as the starting point for it. The only thing I modified is the look of the container that shows the information for events. I didn't change what is actually shown. Right now, for events spanning a period, the date box only shows the current date, and a black stripe above it. The "Show All Dates" setting doesn't seem to do anything either. Can I copy something over from the ic_rounded theme to get it to work on mine?

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13066 da Lyr!C
Hello,

Yes, if you have done a custom theme pack (that means with a custom name, not 'default' core edition... :whistle: ) you can customize all html and data rendering.

The line used in ic_rounded to display pre-fromatted date(s) of the event is :
<?php echo $EVENT_DATE; ?>

Of course, don't hesitate to test ic_rounded, and check the code for the layouts of this theme to see differences ;-)

Hope this helps ?

Best Regards,
Cyril

Note: additionally, depending on how you set your events dates, and if all on period (from ... to ...) you can use $item->startdate and $item->enddate to get the iso formatted datetime from table (and so, you can manipulate it yourself in php ;-) )

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

Ringraziano per il messaggio: jonmar

• jonmar
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa - 7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13108 da jonmar
Awesome, thanks!

By the way I contacted the developers of Frontpage Slideshow and they said they would consider supporting iCagenda in a future version.
Ultima Modifica 7 Anni 6 Mesi fa da jonmar.
Ringraziano per il messaggio: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13127 da Lyr!C

jonmar ha scritto: Awesome, thanks!

By the way I contacted the developers of Frontpage Slideshow and they said they would consider supporting iCagenda in a future version.

Hi,

This is a great news!
Don't hesitate to keep us informed if you get news about this ;-)

Have a great day!
Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File allegato:

• jonmar
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13207 da jonmar
Hey,

I have a problem. I went to modify finno_events.php and replaced <?php echo $EVENT_DAY; ?> with <?php echo $EVENT_DATE; ?> but now it displays the time of day (like this: 29.09 00:00 - 09.10 00:00), even though I have set the time of day to be hidden.

How can I hide the time of day from <?php echo $EVENT_DATE; ?>? Also, how can I hide the leading zeros from the dates? I went to iCagenda options and set the month to "numeric, no leading zeros" but it didn't do anything.

Thanks.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Anni 6 Mesi fa #13217 da Lyr!C
Hello,

$EVENT_DATE is a preformated rendering of the date(s) / period of the event.

If i set to hide "time" in event > dates option Display Time, time is hidden (works fine for me) :huh:

About leading zero, do you mean for month ? What is your current language in frontend ?
(note: you have options to set date format (global and individually in menu options) with many different formating).

In all cases, you can always set your own PHP code to format date as espected.
For this, use the PHP variable $evt to get the event date in database iso datetime format : YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS (easy then to manipulate it with a php date fonction).

Hope this helps ?

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File allegato:

• jonmar
Di più
7 Anni 5 Mesi fa #13381 da jonmar
Hi,

Could you give me some more specific instructions on how to remove the leading zeros from $EVENT_DATE? What file should I edit, and how should I edit it? Or is there some bit of code I could add to the <?php echo $EVENT_DATE; ?> so it hides the leading zeros?

Also, is there a way to remove the spaces from before and after the date separator?

Thanks.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Anni 5 Mesi fa #13392 da Lyr!C

jonmar ha scritto: Hi,

Could you give me some more specific instructions on how to remove the leading zeros from $EVENT_DATE? What file should I edit, and how should I edit it? Or is there some bit of code I could add to the <?php echo $EVENT_DATE; ?> so it hides the leading zeros?

Also, is there a way to remove the spaces from before and after the date separator?

Thanks.

Hello,

I would be happy to answer your question, but... could you answer mine questions first ? (it would help to understand if a custom answer, or need a improvement in iCagenda itself for date format in your language) ;-)

Thank you!
Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File allegato:

Moderatori: Lyr!C
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.166 secondi

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK