Main menu

Forum

[WISH LIST] ROAD MAP : Features and functions to come in future versions

• tobasium
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #11259 by tobasium
Hello,

Would it be possible to add a calendermodul that you can show all events in an big calender on side not in modul position? That will be very useful.

And also Event Editing in frontend is useful too.

Thanks for all!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by tobasium.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• onkeli
More
8 years 4 months ago #11373 by onkeli
Hi,

I'm using icagenda in the free version for a small non-profit theatre. It's great and very useful, thank you. Almost the only thing I'm really missing is the possibility of front-end editing! It's because I manage the homepage from another town, and the people who are on place sometimes have to change events quickly. With this feature in a pro-Version, I would immediately buy it!

Thanks for all!

• Robert
More
8 years 1 month ago #11792 by Robert
Hi,

I would appreciate if it would be possible to merge in one module articles and events. So I could have on the Home page a list of news / interviews/etc. (articles) together with events.

Would that be possible?

Thank you

• irk007
More
8 years 1 day ago #12125 by irk007
Seriously, does the developer even read these posts any longer?

Numerous people have commented that the inability to edit items from the frontend is a very serious drawback with this component. If you offered it in the pro version, I'd be one of the first to buy it. But, without the ability to have users both submit and change their events, the component requires that a webmaster or someone else with backend access do all of this work.

The component would be a "10" if it had this very obvious feature. But it is such a serious deficiency that it only merits a "5" without it.

Are you still developing this extension????

• Lyr!C
  • Lyr!C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #12126 by Lyr!C

irk007 wrote: Seriously, does the developer even read these posts any longer?

Numerous people have commented that the inability to edit items from the frontend is a very serious drawback with this component. If you offered it in the pro version, I'd be one of the first to buy it. But, without the ability to have users both submit and change their events, the component requires that a webmaster or someone else with backend access do all of this work.

The component would be a "10" if it had this very obvious feature. But it is such a serious deficiency that it only merits a "5" without it.

Are you still developing this extension????

Hello, I think the developer is more serious than your post is! :lol:

I agree i didn't answer in this topic since a long time, but mainly the reason is that i'm working hard on current development of 3.6.0 with a full frontend refactory. But i read all messages here! For some last messages, it was already in the roadmap, for some others i didn't know yet to give a true answer.
If you look at historic, you will see that i answer to all requests not already in the roadmap, as stated in the first message of this topic: www.joomlic.com/forum/icagenda-announcem...future-versions#1937
And i will answer to some messages not answered here when i will have released 3.6.0-alpha2, and know much better what i could bring to this new frontend refactory, or what will need to wait more to be added.

First, please check the roadmap: icagenda.joomlic.com/docs/roadmap (i frequently update it, depending on how goes the development).
Secondly, after having a close look at all the roadmap, and things planned (as well as things done), thank you to consider that each user has different wishes and priority. What is what you call "a serious deficiency", may be not important for another user, who will wait for another feature to come (or don't wait anymore as the feature they were waiting for was recently added)!

About the form "Submit an event" in frontend, this is not a management system! This is a form to allow visitors (not only registered members) to propose an event. Frontend management is an option in a development, not a priority, as a Joomla management is mainly supposed to be done using administration.
And with a minimum of search on this forum, you would have found that you can set an admin access for users to only edit their own events (with no access to other parts of Joomla), using Joomla ACL permissions and iCagenda ACL permissions.

To sum up: i'm working hard to improve, to make iCagenda evolve for all users and i will never prioritise one person just because what ? Fractious words? :whistle:

Unfortunately, i am not Superman B)

Best Regards,
Cyril Rezé
Developer of iCagenda

Note: 3.6.0 will be almost a one year long development. The main reason is a full refactory of frontend structure to allow more flexibility and performance in the future. It is my priority today, and a needed step for the future of iCagenda !

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Lyr!C.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 11 months ago #12142 by Lyr!C

tobasium wrote: Would it be possible to add a calendermodul that you can show all events in an big calender on side not in modul position? That will be very useful.

Hi!

Yes you can by creating an article, and using {loadposition module-position}.
The best thing is to open a new topic on the english forum, with what you would like to do, and i will see what is possible with settings next week (when back from 5 days of holidays ;-) )
Note: if you want 12 months of one year on the same page content, yes it's possible!

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 11 months ago #12143 by Lyr!C

Robert wrote: Hi,

I would appreciate if it would be possible to merge in one module articles and events. So I could have on the Home page a list of news / interviews/etc. (articles) together with events.

Would that be possible?

Thank you

Hi!
Sorry, but no it won't be possible.
iCagenda and articles are 2 separated components using separated databases.
Of course, it's possible in a developer point of view to create an extension to mix data from different table, but this is not the goal of iCagenda (but, it's in my todo list to have the possibility to link the "+ info" of each event to one article and not the event details view. Not for the next months to come, but an idea in mind ;-) ).
And in the same time, mixing database today would be a bad intention, and could be difficult to maintain due to a few reasons :
- iCagenda is still a cross-platform extension, running both on Joomla 2.5, Joomla 3.2.3 -> 3.5.x
- Joomla 3.5 has a new database utf8mb4 collation, not compatible with mix sql queries on text data with extensions using the previous collation utf8_general_ci (which is used by Joomla 2.5 and all versions of Joomla 3 before Joomla 3.5).
So technically not possible in a good way.

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #12144 by Lyr!C

hatbe7 wrote: Please enable registrations for events that have already started. Or allow for a configuration switch to decide how long before the event starts, you can register for it....allowing also for same day or "unlimited"
Reson: registrations on the same day are not possible.

It will be possible to register until end of an event (option) in 3.6.0 ;-)
(code already integrated in dev. version, and for 3.6.0-alpha2: icagenda.joomlic.com/docs/roadmap)

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Lyr!C.

• irk007
More
7 years 11 months ago #12146 by irk007
Translation: You are not going to add it.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #12147 by Lyr!C

irk007 wrote: Translation: You are not going to add it.

No, i will. :P (wrong translation, but sorry if English is not my birth-language).

Sorry, on road for a few days of holidays B) , the first ones since almost 1 year, so thanks to wait 3.6.0-alpha2 ready (for Pro users) so that i could take time to update roadmap with some more infos on next steps of the development.
But as it is in the roadmap, i will work on it. The reason is just not possible in a flexible and secured way to add this in the current structure.
The priority is to improve all the existing functions, and add new ones when working on one function.

Thanks for your patience!

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Lyr!C.

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK