Forum

× Help Forum English

Live Update Not Supported Message even after Updating from iCagenda v3.7.8

• TGoodrich
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #12820 by TGoodrich
Like the title says ^

My joomla backend reported that there was an ICagenda update needed. The update was for v3.5.20.

When trying to update I would get the following message
"Live Update is not supported on this server"

"Your server indicates that Live Update is not supported. Please contact your host and ask them to enable the cURL PHP extension or activate the URL fopen() wrappers. If these are already enabled, please ask them to configure their firewall so that it allows access to the following URL:"

"www.joomlic.com/index.php?option=com_ars...date&format=ini&id=2"

I contacted my host and they informed me cURL PHP & URL fopen() were enabled.

I then saw the email you had sent and followed the instructions to install v3.5.21.

After the install I cleared all caches but I still get a warning saying there is an ICagenda Update and the "Live Update Not Supported" Message.

On my Joomla control panel I also see "ICagenda Live Update / PLG_QUICKICON_ICAGENDAUPDATE_NOT_SUPPORTED"

Any clues how to fix this ?

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #12828 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Live Update Not Supported Message
Hello,

Your issue is not related to 3.5.20 bug (a missing file for fresh install) but that LiveUpdater integrated in iCagenda (LiveUpdater was initially developed by Akeeba) can't process the connexion with JoomliC server.

Could you test if you can check other extensions update and process update using Joomla Extensions manager ?

Regards,
Cyril

Note: about the text in control panel of Joomla admin, it is just due to a string missing in the quickicon update plugin (i will check to add it in a future version) ;-)

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Lyr!C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TGoodrich

• TGoodrich
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #12834 by TGoodrich
Hi,

Yes no problem updating other extensions. I actually had several extension updates to do after the ICagenda update and none of them threw any errors or messages.

Thanks

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 8 months ago #12835 by Lyr!C
Well... :huh:

Seems a weird issue...

Did it always happen on this site with iCagenda, or updates were working before ?
If yes it worked before, which was the last version installed before the first time LiveUpdater returns this error message ?

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• TGoodrich
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #12837 by TGoodrich
Hi Cyril,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I just logged into the back end of my site so that I could take some screen shots of the issues I am seeing with ICagenda. Well I don't know why but it looks like everything rectified itself. All update warnings for ICagenda that I mentioned in my first post are now gone.

I am really sorry if you wasted alot of time on this. I'm not sure what happened and how it fixed itself. It seems like a caching issue, however I have the cache cleaner extension on this website which I used several times to clear the site cache before contacting you. I also use Google Chrome for testing and have a browser cache cleaner add-on for that as well which I also used several times before contacting you.

I also use SiteGround to host this website and have their server caching turned off. So it seems like it was a caching issue however if it was, I'm not sure what was/is caching the admin area on this website. Possibly something in my .htaccess, not sure. To answer your last question though, NO I never had this issue with iCagenda or other updates before. Also before updating to v3.5.21 I was using v3.5.19 I think. I always keep the site updated unless their is a major update that might break the site.

Again, I'm very sorry you had to put time into this. I really appreciate your help though.

Kind Regards,
-Tracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 8 months ago #12846 by Lyr!C
Hello Tracey,

Don't worry, you will never annoy me nor waste my time!
Support is a great way for me to improve iCagenda as well as to get useful information and feedback! ;-)

About your issue, in fact, it seems just to be a temporary server issue, and perhaps related to a minor bug, solved, and just needed the time for server propagation to be back again ok (could take 24h for server to be updated from what is set, and what you get as result).

In all cases, this is not (i'm pretty sure ;-) ) related to caching ;-)

So, great that all is back ok for you now!

Best Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• krogias
More
5 years 9 months ago #15846 by krogias
Hi,
I have the exact same issue.
cURL PHP & URL fopen() enabled.
But I cannot update iCagenda.
But at the same time a stranger warning appeared about xml urls that are http and not https.
When I press "Find updates" I get warnings like:
"Update: Could not open update site #589 "JoomliC PRO Update Server", URL: pro.joomlic.com/icupdate/modules/updates.xml

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 9 months ago #15858 by Lyr!C

krogias wrote: Hi,
I have the exact same issue.
cURL PHP & URL fopen() enabled.
But I cannot update iCagenda.
But at the same time a stranger warning appeared about xml urls that are http and not https.
When I press "Find updates" I get warnings like:
"Update: Could not open update site #589 "JoomliC PRO Update Server", URL: pro.joomlic.com/icupdate/modules/updates.xml

Hello,

About warning you have, it is related to the pro module iC Event List.

If you can't update, maybe you have the pro version installed, but not entered your PRO ID download key ?

Or you have previously installed the pro version, and then install the free version over ?.

In all cases, try first in admin to regenerate the update servers (Extensions > Manage > Update Sites: check all update sites, and click on "Rebuilt" button)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• fegersdorfer
More
5 years 2 months ago #16330 by fegersdorfer
Replied by fegersdorfer on topic Live Update with Mediahof to v3.7.8
Hi, it is now 2019, I have this problem also. I have version 3.7.8 and it's the free version on the latest stable version of Joomla. (3.9.2)

I got this message: Update: Could not open update site #29 "mediahof", URL: extensions.mediahof.de/extensions.xml

Upon investigating this, I have found that this website is no longer there.
Now what?

My update just reads in the front end when it prompts me to update, all it reads is.
iCagenda is available: Update Now - No version update or anything.

Is this site down at mediahof? which is weird that I'm getting an automatic update from here. Please investigate and assist me asap with new instructions on how to fix this.

P.s, there is no other error displayed.

Thanks for reading

• fegersdorfer
More
5 years 2 months ago #16331 by fegersdorfer
there is this problem I just noticed on the right-hand column of the dashboard.
iCagenda Live Update: PLG_QUICKICON_ICAGENDAUPDATE_NOT_SUPPORTED

Please also refer to this link. mediahof.de/
the update link goes to this error. Update: Could not open update site #29 "mediahof", URL: extensions.mediahof.de/extensions.xml

using joomla 3.9.2 and I already have, 3.7.3

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new