Problem displaying Google Maps

• Dunpirrus
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #14482 by Dunpirrus
Problem displaying Google Maps was created by Dunpirrus
Hello,

Url: www.kaaimannen.nl/new/index.php/2017-03-...ate=2017-11-12-00-00

I experience some problems with Google Maps. When i open an event on a mobile device (iPhone/iPad), no problem, but on a Windows based PC the Google Maps windows stays grey. When ik scroll with the mouse some parts of the map are displayed and when i drag the map to the right a part of the map appears.

Read some other posts about Google Maps, already installed JQuery Easy, but that doesn't solve te problem. As it is correct on mobile devices, i doubt that this is a template problem, am i right?

Do you have any idea?

Send me a mail if you want to login to the administrator-part of our website

Kind regards,

DunPirrus
Roosendaal
Netherlands
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 10 months ago #14507 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Problem displaying Google Maps
Hello,

This is typically an issue due to site template forcing the width of an image at 100% like this (in your case, it's in responsive.css file, line 2) :
img {width: 100% !important;}

So, in your site template responsive.css file, remove there the " !important" for image width, to let Google Maps api able to work.

Note that using so many !important (a way to force a style for all html tags/classes) is not a good pratice, as it forces only things this way, with no flexibility for extensions AND external library (Google Maps for example) to specify some styling related to their own code and needs.

The !important is to be avoided as much as possible.

Good to contact your site template vendor so that they could fix this issue. ;-)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new