Forum

× Help Forum English

Front end editing?

• bonnie_lass
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #15043 by bonnie_lass
Front end editing? was created by bonnie_lass
I've seen the front end editing in the roadmap for the pro version. I really need that and wonder how far away that is? And I can't find any detailed description of the differences between free and pro on your website. I'm thinking of migrating from Ohanah to ICagenda because Ohanah feels so bloated. I've installed ICagenda free and I really like it apart from not being front end users not being able to edit events.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lyr!C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 6 months ago #15049 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Front end editing?
Hello,

For differences between free and pro today, you can check this page : icagenda.joomlic.com/#download
(what is in pro is in green. Other features are exactly the same).

But, take information that for next 3.7 and later, i will add more and more Pro functionnalities and addons ( so at this time, i will do maybe a more advanced comparison table)

For frontend edition, it will be one of the planned new functionnalities of the next 3.7 serie, and it will be a "pro" feature.

About the 3.7.0 version, I'm late on development... and it takes me more time than previously planned in the roadmap (icagenda.joomlic.com/docs/roadmap).
Next week, i will update the roadmap with more information about what is coming for end of year (my goal is to complete 3.7.0 before Christmas, and at least in a beta or RC version available for pro users, so an almost ready-to-go-stable version before end of 2017).

Hope this answers your questions ?

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• bonnie_lass
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #15054 by bonnie_lass
Replied by bonnie_lass on topic Front end editing?
Hi!
Thank you for your answer. I know development always take more time than you think, so I'm still pleased with your answer. I've bought the lifetime pro version today and I'm thinking of doing some hack to enable frontend editing until the function is available. I work for an genealogical organisation with lots of member societies. Each of these societies have a category they can post events in. I've already made an override on the submit event form so that category is hidden and chosen by a script that automatically assigns category by matching category name to users name. Just a tip if anybody else has that issue.
Best regards,
Nina
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 6 months ago #15060 by Lyr!C
Hello Nina,

So, if you have now a pro subscription, don't hesitate to open new pro ticket, for any question or help request about your customization ;-)

In the same time, don't hesitate about the frontend editing, if you want to be a tester when this will be available as a test release.

About your script to match category and users, do you think that a system with user groups linked to category could be a solution as a future feature ? (or your user are not in specific group related to the category)

Thank your!
Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• bonnie_lass
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #15080 by bonnie_lass
Replied by bonnie_lass on topic Front end editing?
Sorry for the delay and thank you for your answer.

I'd be happy to be a tester when the frontend editing is available.

In regards to user groups linked to categorys, I think some kind of feature would be a great addition and something that adds to the value of your calendar. As far as I can tell there is no other joomla calendar that does that. I'm not sure if my need to limit users or groups to one particular calendar category is unique but maybe it's worth looking into?

Best regards,
Nina
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 6 months ago #15085 by Lyr!C
Hello Nina,

In regards to user groups linked to categorys, I think some kind of feature would be a great addition and something that adds to the value of your calendar. As far as I can tell there is no other joomla calendar that does that. I'm not sure if my need to limit users or groups to one particular calendar category is unique but maybe it's worth looking into?

I keep this idea in my todo list, to remind me of this when i will "extend" categories functions ;-)

Thank you!

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new