× Help Forum English

Registration form in 3 languages

• SUR-walks
  • SUR-walks's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #16020 by SUR-walks
Replied by SUR-walks on topic Registration form in 3 languages
Hi,
I'm still struggling with the translation on Falange, but the reason why I write is that now on the small agenda calendar in English, the past events do not show anymore, but do in all other languages. I don't mean on the LIST, just the small calendar on te right: www.sur-walks.com
I checked all settings, and I have not changed anything in settings at all, just tried to translate. I compared all setting to the other languages, it's all the same, but only in English it does not show anymore. Can you please tell me if this has anything to do with the intent of translation and how to solve it?
Thank you, regards
Johanna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SUR-walks
More
5 years 6 months ago #16021 by SUR-walks
Replied by SUR-walks on topic Registration form in 3 languages
Hi,
I'm still struggling with the translation on Falange, but the reason why I write is that now on the small agenda calendar in English, the past events do not show anymore, but do in all other languages. I don't mean on the LIST, just the small calendar on te right: www.sur-walks.com
I checked all settings, and I have not changed anything in settings at all, just tried to translate. I compared all setting to the other languages, it's all the same, but only in English it does not show anymore. Can you please tell me if this has anything to do with the intent of translation and how to solve it?
Thank you, regards
Johanna
Attachments:

• SUR-walks
More
5 years 6 months ago #16029 by SUR-walks
Replied by SUR-walks on topic Past events
I have solved the problem just by creating a copy of the module, the copy shows the past events, still dont understand why, but it does. hmmm

Translations still dont show..

• SUR-walks
More
5 years 6 months ago #16032 by SUR-walks
Replied by SUR-walks on topic PLEASE HELP
Sorry, but I really would need some help. Every time I try to translate, my iCagenda gets completely messed up, now the Category description on the agenda is showing in the English and Spanish Version also the German text. I ended up deleting absolutely every translation, but it is still showing. It is absolutely every time I try to translate iCagend something gets messed up. I waist so much time trying to solve this, there must be an easier solution. I cannot get rid of this category description now, please take a look: www.sur-walks.com/index.php/dayhikes
Thank you! Johanna

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago #16036 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic PLEASE HELP
Hello Johanna,

Well, for modules description, i can see if one in the good language (depending on language selected).

When i look at this page www.sur-walks.com/index.php/dayhikes translation seems ok to me in each languages.

Which "category description" you mean you can get rid of ?
The one of the calendar module ?
If yes, so those translation are not in Falang as it seams, but in each module description option (you have published one module per language, and it seems to me that you have published 3 modules, one per language, and set description in each module dedicated option.
There, you can edit or remove description for each one...

Regards,
Cyril

Note: not always easy to set up a multilanguage site at first try... ;-)

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• SUR-walks
More
5 years 6 months ago #16043 by SUR-walks
Thank you Cyril,
yes I have a module for each language, but the description is the category description, this has been like this since years now, only when I tried to translate (so far I had created a event for each language) it showed the category description in two languages, I have no module description. I "solved" it by selecting categories in the menu option, sort by category, selecting the categories I wanted, something I did not have before and even though I deleted all translations, the description only disappeared after selecting categories... This seems strange to me. Yes, you are right, I just dont know how to do this translations, the translations of the events dont show, but every time I try, something completely messes up. Dont know where to start.
Regards
Johanna

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #16048 by Lyr!C
Hello Johanna,

What i don't understand is the category description (as you said) shown on header of module calendar... This is not a feature of iCagenda module calendar...
So, i'm not sure to understand how all is set... :-|

Do you have screenshots of the admin description related to what is displayed on frontend ? (so that maybe i link better settings and result together...)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Lyr!C.

• SUR-walks
More
5 years 6 months ago #16050 by SUR-walks
Hi Cyril,
thank you for your answer. The Category description shows on top of the list of the scheduled events. Please find image enclosed.
To do the translations step by step, I need to translate the category and then the events related to each category?
I have translated the categories and some events, but they are not showing, what is showing is all the events and categories I have created in each language, created, not translated!
What am I doing wrong?
Regards
Johanna
Attachments:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago #16056 by Lyr!C
Hello,

So you mean category description in the main list of events, not calendar module!

The category description is display in main list of events if you have set the option to display category title / description on in the menu item options for the list of events. (menu item "dayhikes")

Maybe something is not set as you want in the menu item options (filter by category, language option...)

So, check first there ;-)

Hope this helps ?

Regards,
Cyril

Note: don't hesitate to attach too options of menu item, and to describe exactly what you want to get as result for this specific item menu ;-)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new