× Help Forum English

Uploading from lists

• euevents
  • euevents's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #16052 by euevents
Uploading from lists was created by euevents
Sorry to come back on this again.

We are managing a website with 3.000 events every year. So you can understand the workload is pretty heavy. The amount of event organisers uploading the events by themselves is increasing, but still not enough. Our volunteers are squeezed searching and uploading events. The critical point is, we find events today and we can upload them only in 2 week-time... so this is not much efficient at all!

Other platforms are allowing to simply upload events via an excel sheet or other sort of tables. Events are then normally featured on their websites. And we seem to understand from other Joomla users that they would appreciate this, too. We are surely not the only ones processing such an amount of events and that this simplified version might bring a lot of added value to ICAgenda.

In fact, we would be happy if we could simply skip the event description part (e.g. the event page itself) and directly link to the external website of the organisers. In other words, the table should simply contain date, category, image url, external link.

Not sure the idea is clear. If it is not, please make a sign and will try to clarify it further.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago #16057 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Uploading from lists
Hello,

In fact, we would be happy if we could simply skip the event description part (e.g. the event page itself) and directly link to the external website of the organisers. In other words, the table should simply contain date, category, image url, external link.

This is an option that will be added in iCagenda 3.8 (currently in dev status, and soon in alpha test version for pro users).
The option will allow to replace the iCagenda default view by a joomla article or an url.
Maybe this is what you're looking for ?
(note: i may add too an option to auto redirect to event's website url if set for each event).

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• euevents
More
5 years 6 months ago #16059 by euevents
Replied by euevents on topic Uploading from lists
On the latter, e.g. redirecting directly to the external link, we would be extremely grateful. When 3.8 is foreseen to be launched?

With regard to the uploading modality, this will not spare us the strife of uploading all these thousand events one by one. A source table or some sort of database would do better.

Sorry if I am not clear!

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago #16061 by Lyr!C
Hello,

euevents wrote: On the latter, e.g. redirecting directly to the external link, we would be extremely grateful. When 3.8 is foreseen to be launched?

No exact date for now, but keep an eye on the roadmap, as date may changed depending on next Joomla 3.9.0 release (still in beta).
icagenda.joomlic.com/docs/roadmap

As you can see, the 3.7 serie for iCagenda is still a "in process" serie.

euevents wrote: With regard to the uploading modality, this will not spare us the strife of uploading all these thousand events one by one. A source table or some sort of database would do better.

Sorry if I am not clear!

Well, what not using one of the export/import data extensions you can find on the JED ? (i don't know, but maybe one could help to import data from a csv or excel file ?)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• euevents
More
5 years 6 months ago #16073 by euevents
Do you suggest to ask someone here on the forum? If so, how to best reach out to them?

• euevents
More
5 years 6 months ago #16074 by euevents
And thanks for the roadmap! If in the end you really intend to, I would suggest to list the possibility of external links from the homepage, as discussed above.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #16078 by Lyr!C
Hello,

euevents wrote: Do you suggest to ask someone here on the forum? If so, how to best reach out to them?

Not really (but maybe another user knows ?)...

I write that you may find a useful extension on the JED: extensions.joomla.org/category/migration...ata-import-a-export/
I've not tested any, as i do it by myself when i need to do specific data transfert, using PHP admin and sql requests, but some of those extension may help for data import/export task... Don't know which one could help the best, but good to have a look at ;-)

And thanks for the roadmap! If in the end you really intend to, I would suggest to list the possibility of external links from the homepage, as discussed above.

Well, the roadmap list major changes, or feature, and not all options that will come (for one reason: i've got a lot of things in my pocket for the future of iCagenda ;-) )

For the list "Details features requested by the community", this one is not updated since a bit of time, but i will redo this list (clean and clear) in the upcoming month(s). (when i will check all requests and wishes from the dedicated topic on this forum...) :-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Lyr!C.

• euevents
More
5 years 5 months ago #16081 by euevents
Will keep you posted to see how it goes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new