× Help Forum English

Pagination Integration

• cmfz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #16386 by cmfz
Pagination Integration was created by cmfz
Hi.
I have notice that the your Icagenda pagination is completely different from the joomla framework, this makes the pages displaying events different from the rest of the site.
I have look at the joomla docs and joomla categories blog and they use the pagination layout.

In the view tmpl there should be just a reference to <?php echo $this->pagination->getListFooter(); ?>.
In the view there should be a reference to $this->pagination = $this->get('Pagination'); in the public function display($tpl = null) method.

My reference for this is docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Developing_an_MVC_C...gory.2Fview.html.php
This video does a more explain.
So is this something that can be used by your component? This would be a good addition in a future release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
5 years 1 month ago #16389 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Pagination Integration
Hello,

Yes, i've planned to integrate in the future an option to be able to use it or keep iCagenda system.

The reason for iCagenda dedicated pagination was that the one from Joomla 2.5 not very nice, and until iCagenda 3.7, the extension was crossplatform 2.5/3

Another reason is that not all site templates manage well the core Bootstrapped pagination from Joomla.
Too, iCagenda with its multiple dates per event system, does not act exactly as for an articles list, as it do a second process to duplicate items when multiple dates.

So, not as simple to be integrated as it could be viewed in core Joomla com_content component ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK