Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

Extra field input specifications with "pattern"

• fludi70
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
5 Anni 1 Mese fa #16417 da fludi70
Hello is it possible to define input preferences for extra fields? For example, pattern = "[A-Z] {4} [0-9] {3} - [0-9] {1,2}"? Where should I enter this?

Thanks, Frank

Hallo ist es möglich bei Extrafeldern Eingabevorgaben zu definieren? Z.B. pattern="[A-Z]{4}[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{1,2}" ? Wo müsste ich das eintragen?
Danke Gruß Frank

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
5 Anni 1 Mese fa #16421 da Lyr!C
Hello,

Do you mean for custom field of type "text" ?

Note: i've planned to improve some custom fields with extra options, and to add new form field types, based on Joomla core form fields. So any suggestions and ideas would help for those future developments ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

• pixelma
Di più
4 Anni 7 Mesi fa #16688 da pixelma
Hi Lyr!C,

I hope I didn't miss anything in my search but this is the closest post to my wish (and question) I have about custom fields... feel free to move to another place if needed. So - my question:

I'd like to be able to use the core's tag field in iCagenda and I didn't see this in the list of possible field types to add. Maybe I'm missing something but since your reply above mentions that not all custom core fields are available to your nice plugin yet, I thought I'd ask here.

In case it's important: I'm currently using the free version but consider switching to the pro (hope that's not the reason why this field is not available to me yet).

Best regards,
Marianne

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
4 Anni 7 Mesi fa #16697 da Lyr!C
Hello Marianne,

By core "tags", do you mean the "Features"?

If yes, it could be an idea for future! (i've already planned new custom field types for future, and features by core will be integrated in 3.8 serie for frontend submit form. But having it as a custom field type too could be useful too in some cases).

Thank you!

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

• pixelma
Di più
4 Anni 7 Mesi fa #16701 da pixelma
Hello,

thanks for the answer and for the outlook on version 3.8. :)

Just to make sure that we didn't misunderstand each other: I mean the custom field type "tags" like explained here: magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-apr-210...225-joomla-tag-field .

I had hoped to be able to e.g. filter for those for the News display of the core as I'd like to have a way to only show events as "News" that are in the future and already got their full description. So I figured if I could add a tag like "ready" once there are ready - or something like this, I could only show these in the list. But maybe there's another way?

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
4 Anni 6 Mesi fa #16719 da Lyr!C
Hello,

Yes, and sorry, i misunderstood..

I have not yet plans to integrate Joomla tags system... but it's in my todo list to check this in the future (now that this Joomla part is with less bugs...)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File allegato:

Moderatori: Lyr!C
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.213 secondi

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new