× Help Forum English

Some email issues

• Lytras
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
4 Anni 9 Mesi fa #16620 da Lytras
Some email issues è stato creato da Lytras
Hello Cyril,

i have some questions about the email/registration form.

1) I see that you have the option to customize the email for the person that registered for the event. Is there an option to customize the email(subject & body) sent to the administrator as well? (I basically want to receive the same email, so if there are notes, i can reply using the same email message)
2) Is there a way to change the administrator email address and not pick it up for joomla's global configuration? (I have that email to receive system messages, but i have another that i would like to receive the event registration emails.)
3) How can i add/edit the addReplyTo to the adminmailer.
4) How can i edit the setSender to the adminmailer.

P.S1. I have managed to change all the above via the code, but i'm afraid that when i will update to a newer version it will brake, so i'm wondering if there is a more permanent and "proper way" to change all the above.
P.S2. Great product!

Regards,
George

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
4 Anni 8 Mesi fa - 4 Anni 8 Mesi fa #16628 da Lyr!C
Risposta da Lyr!C al topic Some email issues
Hello,

1) I see that you have the option to customize the email for the person that registered for the event. Is there an option to customize the email(subject & body) sent to the administrator as well? (I basically want to receive the same email, so if there are notes, i can reply using the same email message)

You can by overriding language strings used by admin notification and with Joomla core language overrides system (with a search in strings) : icagenda.joomlic.com/docs/documentation/...joomla-administrator

2) Is there a way to change the administrator email address and not pick it up for joomla's global configuration? (I have that email to receive system messages, but i have another that i would like to receive the event registration emails.)

In Global Options of component, "Registration" tab, you will find options for user groups to receive notification email (by default, the site email).

3) How can i add/edit the addReplyTo to the adminmailer.
4) How can i edit the setSender to the adminmailer.

No such option yet. An advanced email manager is planned for next year (in pro version) with more email options.

P.S1. I have managed to change all the above via the code, but i'm afraid that when i will update to a newer version it will brake, so i'm wondering if there is a more permanent and "proper way" to change all the above.

Only today, except if you create a plugin to override the model (where email notification code is).
But maybe easier to redo the change after each iCagenda update as model will already change for next 3.8 version, so the models will have changed...

P.S2. Great product!

Thank you! ;-)

But i've got still a lot of things, improvements and ideas to work on to make it greater! :-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

Ultima Modifica 4 Anni 8 Mesi fa da Lyr!C.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Moderatori: Lyr!C
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.157 secondi

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK