Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

the underlying mechanism that determines the order of these items

• SamMiles
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
8 Mesi 24 Minuti fa - 7 Mesi 4 Settimane fa #18267 da SamMiles
I have four items in my system, each with the same title and date, but they differ only in their categories. However, when displayed on the frontend, the order of these items seems to be determined by a certain factor, typically the date. In the backend, there are three squares that are usually draggable for arranging items, but they don't seem to function properly in this case. It's important to note that the order is not influenced by the item's ID, the category's ID, alphabetical order of categories, or even the creation date. I am seeking assistance to understand the underlying mechanism that determines the order of these items on the frontend. If anyone has insights or suggestions regarding this issue, your help would be greatly appreciated.
Ultima Modifica 7 Mesi 4 Settimane fa da Lyr!C.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
7 Mesi 4 Settimane fa #18268 da Lyr!C
Hello,

The list of events is ordered by date of the events.

You have options in the menu options to set order ascendant or descendant, with options to filter the list (upcoming dates, past dates, by categories...).

Ordering of events in admin has no relation with frontend (only custom fields admin order has an effect on the order in frontend for forms).

But if exact same date and time, order is using the default key from database table which is ID by default.

Could you confirm?

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Moderatori: Lyr!C
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.213 secondi

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new