Main menu

Forum

[SOLVED: Update your Joomla 3! ] Problem with "Add Event" page in version 3.6.10

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
6 Anni 8 Mesi fa #14765 da Lyr!C

Cluster89 ha scritto: After a day of debugging I think i found the problem. Plugins are enabled and no template override is done.

As I said, problem occurs in $maxSize = JHtml::_('number.bytes', JUtility::getMaxUploadSize());
If i comment out this line, it works.

of course this can't work. I am using joomla 3.6.x but getMaxUploadSize is new in 3.7.0 right so the Method does not exist prior 3.7.

Hello,

Well, you're right, and i did this error while force to add this layout override.

To fix :
- Update to Joomla 3.7
- OR delete this line, which is not used in HTML render for iCagenda

The reason i had to introduce this layout override is a change by adding this new "feature" to display max upload, but this change in Joomla core API was done the wrong way, with no attention for third party extensions using the Joomla Form API (it was displaying the server upload limit, which is wrong in the case of iCagenda form).
See my comment on the issue tracker : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/12396#issuecomment-304251105

I was too busy to do the PR to improve and fix backward compatibility of this change in Joomla, that's why i did release fast to this time a version with a patch (layout override).
But, i will see in August if more time, to do this PR ;-)

For next release 3.6.12, i will do the change in iCagenda to remove this line, for users who don't have their Joomla 3 up-to-date (note: with older version of Joomla 3 (before 3.6.0) there's no issue. In fact, i missed the fact the layout for file field was added in Joomla 3.6.0... not in Joomla 3.7.0 as i thought at the moment...)

Thanks for your review of this issue!

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• collector01
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
6 Anni 8 Mesi fa #14766 da collector01
Risposta da collector01 al topic Problem with "Add Event" page in version 3.6.10
THANK YOU Cluster89! Unfortunately I haven't had the time to test this issue and I'm glad I was not the only one who found the issue. It is only unfortunately that the developers couldn't put in a bit more effort when the issue was first reported; instead implying that they had changed nothing and there were no issue. But, it is fixed now for me and I'm happy. Again, thank you for investing the time to find more information regarding the problem.
Ringraziano per il messaggio: Cluster89

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
6 Anni 8 Mesi fa #14767 da Lyr!C

collector01 ha scritto: THANK YOU Cluster89! Unfortunately I haven't had the time to test this issue and I'm glad I was not the only one who found the issue. It is only unfortunately that the developers couldn't put in a bit more effort when the issue was first reported; instead implying that they had changed nothing and there were no issue. But, it is fixed now for me and I'm happy. Again, thank you for investing the time to find more information regarding the problem.

Hi collector01,

I AM the developer of iCagenda, and i have no responsibility in your Joomla 3 website not up-to-date (the "bit more effort" as you said, is yours to have updated your Joomla installation).

It is YOUR effort to keep your own joomla 3 installation updated. You didn't.
For information, no user should still run a joomla 3.6.x version (nor lower J3 version) for security reason.

Joomla 3.7.1 (released on 17 May 2017) and Joomla 3.7.3 (released on 4 July 2017) were both security releases of Joomla 3.

Note that 3.7.1 release was a very important security release : www.joomla.org/announcements/release-new...pre-release-371.html
So, why not to update your Joomla installation too! (it's the only way to not have your site hacked...)

About the issue, it's related to Joomla API changes with a minor backward compatibility issue, which one i release a patch for the latest Joomla 3 versions. (And Joomla 3.7.0 was released 3 months ago...)

So, yes, Thank you for Cluster89! (and i will add the patch for next maintenance release in case other users still not have updated their Joomla 3 sites)

But please collector01, keep your Joomla install and all extensions up-to-date before to report a bug for any of them (as in this specific case, there's no real bug for up-to-date site installations).

That is said, i'm happy your sites are ok again. ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

As a step note from official Joomla Docs (docs.joomla.org/Help37:Extensions_Extens...er_Update#Quick_Tips) :
" It is critical to keep your extensions up-to-date. Failure to do so may expose a vulnerability in your Joomla! installation which can be exploited by hackers. "

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File allegato:

Ringraziano per il messaggio: Cluster89

• collector01
  • Autore della discussione
Di più
6 Anni 8 Mesi fa #14771 da collector01
Risposta da collector01 al topic Problem with "Add Event" page in version 3.6.10
Since you want to make this personal, I will go there. As far as keeping my Joomla version up to date; first and foremost, I do. Unfortunately I rely on Joomla software to tell me when there is an update and this - even up to this morning - did not occur. For you; first you say I wasn't keeping the iCagenda up to date and now it is Joomla. Yes, my site was out of date --my fault for not digging deeper. BUT, if you had actually stopped to asked some questions rather than immediately placing blame on this side that wasn't true (that I had not kept my iCagenda up to date) you probably could have identified the issue sooner instead of relying upon the users to first identify the issue and then practically fix it for you! Not backwards compatible, obviously.

You can come back and reply all you want now or write disparaging remarks all you want; I am done with this topic. Hopefully you will move on as well. Have a great day! Until the next bug (hopefully not for a while).

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
Di più
6 Anni 8 Mesi fa #14772 da Lyr!C

Since you want to make this personal[...]

You make it personal, not me.
You attack me directly (read your own post : www.joomlic.com/forum/lang-fr-divers-lan...-6-10?start=10#14766)
So i answered clearly.

Fortunately, most of iCagenda users know i do effort and do my best as far as i can. But i'm not a robot, i'm a human. And a human can do errors.

if you had actually stopped to asked some questions rather than immediately placing blame on this side that wasn't true (that I had not kept my iCagenda up to date) you probably could have identified the issue sooner instead of relying upon the users to first identify the issue and then practically fix it for you!

Read again all the topic, and ALL my messages, and you will have to admit you're wrong.
If i ask questions, it's normal when you don't have enough information to reproduce an issue.
And if an issue occures only with a few outdated Joomla versions, unfortunately i can't have hundreds of test version each one for each Joomla version... (if 1 joomla extension doing this, i pay you a beer!)

That is said, good day and good luck!

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File allegato:

Moderatori: Lyr!C
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.180 secondi

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK