[WISH LIST] ROAD MAP : Features and functions to come in future versions

• Lyr!C
  • Lyr!C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 1 month ago #2795 by Lyr!C
The beta 2.1 is now available for Pro uses and translators! :)

When i will come back from holidays, i will check all the eventual bugs, and deliver the free version 2.1 of iCagenda !

Hope you will enjoy the new features added!

Have a nice week!
Lyr!C

Note: i won't be on the forum for one week, so thanks for your comprehension. For sure, i will come back with energy !

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thellie
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2801 by thellie
Hey, hope you're having/had a good holiday :)

For my wishlist, I'd like to be able, as administrator, to add users to an event.

We run a private site for our volunteers, and my idea is to add jobs/homestays as events, and assign volunteers (who are already registered users on the site).

Is this something in the pipeline?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by thellie.

• anitram1207
More
11 years 1 month ago #2804 by anitram1207
I bought the Icalendar pro version, however am missing three important features for my customer:

1. list module for showing next 3-5 events
2. the image of an event shows only the starting date, if the event lasts longer, we would urgently need the possibility to show e.g. 3-5 May 2013 in the little image
3. Formatting the info-description part of the detail description of an event (line space is not shown on overview - everything is just in one line which is not really very useful).

Do we have any possibility to get a quick solution for this?
Thank you very much in advance.
best regards from Austria
Martina Berner

• geert@dubbel.be
More
11 years 1 month ago #2806 by geert@dubbel.be
You are right.
Issue nr 2 (the image of an event shows only the starting date, if the event lasts longer, we would urgently need the possibility to show e.g. 3-5 May 2013 in the little image) would be a great feature !

• Mark21
More
11 years 1 month ago #2817 by Mark21

thellie wrote: Hey, hope you're having/had a good holiday :)

For my wishlist, I'd like to be able, as administrator, to add users to an event.

We run a private site for our volunteers, and my idea is to add jobs/homestays as events, and assign volunteers (who are already registered users on the site).

Is this something in the pipeline?

That option would be very usefull for me as well. And in addition to that I'd like to be able (as administrator) to add a complete usergroup to an event.

That, together with te option to select multiple categories to be displayed in the calendar module (already listed) and in the eventlist, for me will make ICagenda definitely worth to pay for!

Something else I was thinking of...
Maybe in the future, when the front-end event adding is avaiable, it's nice to have the option for users to create an event and invite some users (or a complete usergroup) to that event. And than the invited users receive an email with the eventdetails and an accept and decline button.

Or... an event planner (or whatever it's calles in English)
If a user wants to arrange a meeting with some specific users (or groups) that he can propose a couple of dates to the users he wants to meet and that every user can for every date select if it suits him/her or not. Based on the reactions the first user than can choose a definite date.

Just some suggestions, I don't know if there are already extentions with these options but maybe it's a nice addition for ICagenda :)

• CFinch
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #2823 by CFinch
A perfectly crafted extension with tons of possibilities and options - and it is still growing! Thank you so much!

The one thing that would make my life easier would be the option to export all information of those who have registered into a single file (like csv).

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2843 by Lyr!C

CFinch wrote: A perfectly crafted extension with tons of possibilities and options - and it is still growing! Thank you so much!

The one thing that would make my life easier would be the option to export all information of those who have registered into a single file (like csv).

Thanks!

csv import/export is something i'm thinking of for a future developpement ;)

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2844 by Lyr!C

Mark21 wrote:
That option would be very usefull for me as well. And in addition to that I'd like to be able (as administrator) to add a complete usergroup to an event.

That, together with te option to select multiple categories to be displayed in the calendar module (already listed) and in the eventlist, for me will make ICagenda definitely worth to pay for!

Something else I was thinking of...
Maybe in the future, when the front-end event adding is avaiable, it's nice to have the option for users to create an event and invite some users (or a complete usergroup) to that event. And than the invited users receive an email with the eventdetails and an accept and decline button.

Or... an event planner (or whatever it's calles in English)
If a user wants to arrange a meeting with some specific users (or groups) that he can propose a couple of dates to the users he wants to meet and that every user can for every date select if it suits him/her or not. Based on the reactions the first user than can choose a definite date.

Just some suggestions, I don't know if there are already extentions with these options but maybe it's a nice addition for ICagenda :)

These ideas are great, and i will consider them, and think about how to add them, but after i'll have implemented all the basic options needed.
Thanks for your ideas ! ;)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2845 by Lyr!C

thellie wrote: Hey, hope you're having/had a good holiday :)

Yes, had really a nice week ! ;)

About your wish, i was thinking of it (and in dev.), and just had it in the wishlist, as i've forgotten to add it before...

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2846 by Lyr!C

anitram1207 wrote: I bought the Icalendar pro version, however am missing three important features for my customer:

1. list module for showing next 3-5 events
2. the image of an event shows only the starting date, if the event lasts longer, we would urgently need the possibility to show e.g. 3-5 May 2013 in the little image
3. Formatting the info-description part of the detail description of an event (line space is not shown on overview - everything is just in one line which is not really very useful).

Do we have any possibility to get a quick solution for this?
Thank you very much in advance.
best regards from Austria
Martina Berner

About 1 : allready in ths wishlist, and in a next developpement ;-)

About 2 : i need to add some new features soon, to be able to do thinks like that, but depending of the theme pack used. Note that some changes can be done today by creating your own theme pack for iCagenda.

About 3 : This can be changed by adding some code in a personnal theme pack.

As you are a Pro user, contact me by email, and i will help you to create your own Theme Pack! This can be useful too, for future developpements ;-)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK