× Help Forum English

Suggestion: Event Cancellation for non-registered users

• cur1ous
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #17481 by cur1ous
Hey there,
I appreciate your work a lot!
I don't know if it's possible or feasible but I think this feature would be great. Give all users the option to cancel an event registration via a link sent to them in the registriation confirmation e-mail. This could work for registered and non-registered users.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Best regards,
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
2 years 3 months ago #17483 by Lyr!C
Hello,
Option for registered users to cancel their subscription is already in the box for upcoming release 3.8 (currently in alpha version testing).

For non-registered users, i think to add later a system with controls (not a simple link, as it should include a minimum of validation and security).
I don't know yet exactly how i will work on this, but i have some ideas about the right way to do it. ;-)

In all cases, i think it's better to have registration system for site registered users with registered access (as login is a secure way to access the form, and manage participants).

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• cur1ous
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #17486 by cur1ous
Hey Lyr!C,

thanks for your reply! Glad your thinking about it. Looking forward to the next release.
Another thing on my mind are biweekly events. Do you think there's a possibility to implement more repeating patterns other than days of the week like 1 a month or every second week?

Best wishes and thanks for your Work!
Max

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
2 years 3 months ago #17488 by Lyr!C

Hey Lyr!C,

thanks for your reply! Glad your thinking about it. Looking forward to the next release.
Another thing on my mind are biweekly events. Do you think there's a possibility to implement more repeating patterns other than days of the week like 1 a month or every second week?

Best wishes and thanks for your Work!
Max

Hello Max,
For more possibilities on dates, this won't be possible before iCagenda 4 (i've started to work on a new dates manager, but it may not be ready before 1 year at least... maybe more as always difficult to give a deadline in development. And still not all the logic needed stated).
You can follow the roadmap, which one i keep up-to-date depending on how the current and upcoming developments are going! ;-)
www.icagenda.com/docs/roadmap

Happy Holidays!
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK