Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] Registration Submission not working and no emails are being generated upon registration.

• edwardw32
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4110 by edwardw32
Everything was going fine until we test registered. Hitting the submit button gave a Server 500 error in chrome while trying to retrieve www.mysite/index.php/list-of-events. In firefox it rendered an empty white page.

After we looked in the back end under 'registration' we noticed the registration actually took place, but also there was no email generated either. Something must be configured incorrectly but I cannot figure out what.

And also, no big deal.......the 'show participants' slider does not slide and does not show any participants.

Any ideas to help fix this issue? I found these errors in the error log:

[25-Jun-2013 04:19:58 America/Denver] PHP Notice: Undefined property: iCagendaViewRegistrations::$event in /home2/ashrama1/public_html/administrator/components/com_icagenda/views/registrations/tmpl/default.php on line 44

[25-Jun-2013 04:19:58 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/ashrama1/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 504
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 10 months ago #4114 by Lyr!C
Are you in local ?

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• edwardw32
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4120 by edwardw32
Hi,

I don't understand.....Am I in local what?

I was able to get this working by changing the settings to 'global' But the participants list slider still does not work.....jquery conflict perhaps?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by edwardw32.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4128 by Lyr!C
Yes, i mean if you have an install on localhost (not on a online web hoster) ? B)

Because, if you're using wamp, xampp or else, php mailer form Joomla doesn't work with default settings.
Actually You can not test mails on a localhost server. You will have to upload it to a server. But there is a way to do it. Some links :

blog.techwheels.net/send-email-from-loca...rver-using-sendmail/
www.programmingfacts.com/send-email-localhostxampp-wamp/
At this point, I think it's more easy to configure Joomla! email to an external smtp. Here you have a link to joomla doc which show how to send emails using Gmail : docs.joomla.org/How_do_I_use_Gmail_as_my_mail_server

I've added a fix for white page, when email sending not working, in the future release ;-)

But if you're not on localhost, you may check your configuration of send email via Joomla (for example, if you create an account, and don't receive notification email, this means it's not only iCagenda not sending email, but all extensions sending email from joomla)

About the slide not working, without a link to view the problem, i can't check it, and help...
Does the Google Maps is working alright ?
Have you try to install the plugin jQuery Easy to try to fix maybe jQuery conflict ?
And... which version of iCagenda are you using ?

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Lyr!C.

• edwardw32
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #4136 by edwardw32
Replied by edwardw32 on topic Que
*Yes, i mean if you have an install on localhost (not on a online web hoster) ?
Yes, localhost...... I had the settings set for 'register' rather than 'global' . Setting all to global fixed this issue and now the mail is working and all is well. But setting to 'register' again will break everything so I'll just leave the settings on global.

Maps work perfectly and I am using the latest version of iCagenda. Will check out jQuery Easy for the slider issue.....thank you for the suggestion and your help here. This is a great component......a great component...thank you again.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 10 months ago #4138 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Que
You mean settings in the component iCagenda ?
If yes, and if a bugs in params, could be nice to know the details, to be able to add a fix if necessary ;-)
Thanks!

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• edwardw32
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #4142 by edwardw32
Here how to get to the issue I was having.You have to have one event already set up to follow this.........

From the control panel go to 'Events' and then click on an event that was already set up ......
Once that page opens, go to the 'Options' tab.......the last tab...
Under 'Registration' are a set of 3 radio buttons that say 'On' 'Off' and 'Use Global'

When I had the 'On' button highlighted that's when I got the errors....specifically, this is the error that was generated:
PHP Notice: Undefined property: iCagendaViewRegistrations::$event in /home2/ashrama1/public_html/administrator/components/com_icagenda/views/registrations/tmpl/default.php on line 44
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/ashrama1/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 504

When I highlighted the 'Global' button, everything started working as it should. Hope this helps you and thanks again. If you need more info let me know.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 9 months ago #4147 by Lyr!C
With 3.0, i don't have message, so can you tell me which version of iCagenda you are using ?
This will help me to find if the new coding of the 3.0 release is solving this problem ;-)

If you have the notice, it's because you don't have error reporting turn off.

Thanks for your help and contribution !

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• edwardw32
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #4153 by edwardw32
I have version 2.1.14..............the green checkmark is visible saying I have the latest version so version 3.0 may have already solved this issue.

I located the error in the cpanel error log files.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 9 months ago #4158 by Lyr!C

edwardw32 wrote: so version 3.0 may have already solved this issue.

Yes, i think it will, as the admin php files are all recoded in next release 3.0 ;-)

Tomorrow available for all users as 3.0 RC :cheer:

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new