Main menu

Forum

[WISH LIST] ROAD MAP : Features and functions to come in future versions

• Robbie8
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #7514 by Robbie8
Hi,
Would it be possible to add the option to add Multiple Attachments to an event rather than one - and definitely from the front end.

My club has multiple documents and to be able to attach them individually for download is what is preventing me using this facility for my live users base.

An ETA for this option, if accepted would be great.

Thanks

Rob :)
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Robbie8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeteSCCS
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
9 years 10 months ago #7633 by PeteSCCS
Hi,

In the Event description box, add the ability to insert "Read more", which then determines where $EVENT_DESCSHORT stops, instead of a character count (which is too simplistic).

Also, $EVENT_DESCSHORT should not be wrapped in <i> tag, separate style into the CSS and allow us to change it!

Thanks,
Pete

• rickyponson
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #7634 by rickyponson
Hi, this is a great component, it looks and works fantastic right out of the box.

Not sure if this was already requested but,
Would it be possible to make more events in the list load as the user scrolls down, instead of having to set the amount of events per page to display. So the user no longer has to use the navigations in list view (clicking next/previous buttons every time), and maybe even a show/hide the 'load more' button.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by rickyponson.

• treyzinbox
More
9 years 9 months ago #7741 by treyzinbox
Multiple iCal calendar feed imports

There is a very nice function I've seen in JEvents.
There is a section Manage Calendars where a user can create several calendar items. Each item allows to input a URL to an iCal feed (Facebook event list, Google Calendar, any other website that provides an iCal feed) to import. It also has a function to Update. This is a very nice feature that would be great to see in a future version of iCagenda. This feature is available in the free version of JEvents.

• treyzinbox
More
9 years 9 months ago #7742 by treyzinbox
Google Map / Get Directions field and results rendered on same current page (Map and detailed directions)

A great feature I've seen with YOOtheme's Zoo application (or possibly the Zoolander Google Maps Pro extension for Zoo), there is a Get Directions field available just under the rendered Google Map. When a site visitor inputs a "from" address, it takes the address shown on the Google map as the "to" address and then automatically updates the page Google Map and a list underneath with detailed directions on the current page itself using JQuery. This way the site visitor can print the page including the Google Map AND Directions without leaving the page. This is a very nice feature, indeed. It might be nice to see it available in a future version of iCagenda for the Event Item detail page. The Get Directions info could be displayed just under the map and to the right of the All Dates information.

An example on the YOOtheme Zoo demo site
www.yootheme.com/zoo/apps/index.php?opti...egory_id=60&Itemid=5

• Grossinho
More
9 years 9 months ago #7778 by Grossinho
Hi

I see you have the the inclusion of sub-categories in your road-map, but another interesting feature (and very handy to me :)) would the possibility to have multiple categories in one event

Great Work

• PeteSCCS
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
9 years 9 months ago #7780 by PeteSCCS

• Lyr!C
  • Lyr!C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #7802 by Lyr!C
Hi everybody!

Before living for holiday, i'm giving a little update of this topic!
This is a long time since i've not answered your wishes... but after a lot of work on development, many new functionalities and options in the 3.4.0-beta1 are currently tested by some volunteer users with an active pro subscription.

The stable version 3.4.0 for all (free and pro versions) is planned by the end of August.

This version is a complete recoding of iCagenda.

Two Libraries of functions :
The main work is done with creation of 2 libraries (goal is to remove all duplicate code (functions) and to improve maintenance, and enhancement of the extension).
One standalone library named iC Library (global functions which could be used elsewhere iCagenda). And the second one included inside iCagenda, and named Utilities (functions to simplify the core functions of iCagenda).

Custom Fields :
Yes! It is!
The custom fields for event edition and registration form are integrated!
Many users should enjoy!

Feature Icons :
This is a functionnality created by Doorknob. A great new possibility!
With Features, you can create icons and manage them. Icons could be services, commodity, information... no limit of what you want!
For example, you can create a feature icon to indicate there's a parking, an airport, refreshments, wifi, coffee, room-service...
When back from holiday, i will put online a full documentation on how to use this, with examples.

Advanced thumbnails generator :
Enable thumbnails everywhere (was only for modules before), with options : width, height, quality and cropped.

And many other little improvements :
Counter limit of characters in short description (new!) and meta-description, control of image size uploaded in frontend submission form...

You can view all release notes of testing pre-releases version and check list of all files changed here :
www.icagenda.com/docs/changelog

Then, i will answer a few "old" feature requests ;-)

First, for all : Hi! and THANK YOU !!! :cheer:

Dartaroth wrote: try to explain the issue of multiple categories, for example on my website I have 5 categories, "Manga, Anime, Video Games, Role and music" some of the events published, used several of these categories and have to post twice, I would like to want to choose how many categories each.

and then the front that users could decide which category you want to see.

Hi!
Yes, it is something in the roadmap, to be able to add an event to multiple categories (or tags)

bootpass wrote: ACL caétgorie
pouvoir envoyer des invitations aux membre ou autre personne
pouvoir imposer une catégorie dans le menu de soumissions d'évènements
pouvoir valider les évènements en fontend

Congratulations quality extension

Effectivement pour les ACL catégories, je les prévois comme pour les évènements lorsque je serai sur l'ajout de fonctionnalités à la gestion et édition des catégories.
Pour envoyer des invitations, vous pouvez peut-être tester le plugin 'tout récent' d'AcyMailing qui peut permettre l'intégration d'infos d'un évènement iCagenda directement dans la newsletter d'AcyMailing ;-)
Définir une catgorie par défaut, mais aussi déterminer quelles catégories sont accessible dans le formulaire frontend est dans ma feuille de route!
Sinon, on peut déjà valider (approuver) un évènement en frontend si on est connecté et que l'on a les droits d'approuver les évènements...

realdesigner wrote: Pouvoir avoir accès au module icagenda directement par le biais du front-end par exemple, en créant un lien sur le menu, qui irait sur le module et permettre ainsi plus de choix (newsletter etc).

Bonjour,
Je n'ai pas très bien saisi par "accès" ?

beavachk wrote: Just another option that I think would be great.

Hits.

Yes! In the roadmap ;-)

salvodj wrote: Hello, I realy like iCagenda but i Suggest a date limit for an inscription for an event.

In the roadmap! ;-)

Dartaroth wrote: the ability to transform into a news event in order to highlight it on the cover and other options. so as to relate the news with the event.

Maybe you mean "featured" events ?
If yes, it is something i think of in the future (and already in the roadmap)

Internaut wrote: A downloadable manual. Videos are cool, but try and keyword search a video, or read the index, and jump to a page.

Due to long time working on development, not yet having time to write a documentation.
But the place for it is ready ( www.icagenda.com/docs/documentation ) and i will begin it when back from Holiday. ;-)

treyzinbox wrote: Excellent Events Management extension for Joomla!
I've only noticed one detail which would be nice to see in a future version.
In the front-end online submit form (to submit an event), in the drop-down list of categories to choose from, the list orders them by ID rather than by Title, which results in a drop-down list that is not in alphabetical order. It would be nice if this drop-down list were in alphabetical order to make it more user-friendly.

Great remark!
And it make sense! I will check it, and see what could be done.

Joan wrote: Hello,

excellent component!!

I need to import / export events (csv. ..) to import the calendar (seasonal) teams of a football club.

Have forecast to do so?
thanks

In the roadmap, but other major developments in process, so no planned date yet. ;-)

Robbie8 wrote: Hi,
Would it be possible to add the option to add Multiple Attachments to an event rather than one - and definitely from the front end.

My club has multiple documents and to be able to attach them individually for download is what is preventing me using this facility for my live users base.

An ETA for this option, if accepted would be great.

Thanks

Rob :)

The custom fields introduced in 3.4.0-beta1 (see top of this message) is today only text, select list or radio buttons.
I've planned to work on file upload type, email, checkbox...
So, it is in my current todo list! ;-)

PeteSCCS wrote: Hi,

In the Event description box, add the ability to insert "Read more", which then determines where $EVENT_DESCSHORT stops, instead of a character count (which is too simplistic).

Also, $EVENT_DESCSHORT should not be wrapped in <i> tag, separate style into the CSS and allow us to change it!

Thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete, many improvements about it in 3.4.0-beta1 ;-)

rickyponson wrote: Hi, this is a great component, it looks and works fantastic right out of the box.

Not sure if this was already requested but,
Would it be possible to make more events in the list load as the user scrolls down, instead of having to set the amount of events per page to display. So the user no longer has to use the navigations in list view (clicking next/previous buttons every time), and maybe even a show/hide the 'load more' button.

Thanks

Today, with skill in jQuery, ajax and php, this could be done with an override of the view files and theme pack.
Of course, it could be too a future improvement as an option. Today, i'm mainly focused on core development. A good idea naturally (and i have a few other visions for the future about this ;-) )

treyzinbox wrote: There is a very nice function I've seen in JEvents.
There is a section Manage Calendars where a user can create several calendar items. Each item allows to input a URL to an iCal feed (Facebook event list, Google Calendar, any other website that provides an iCal feed) to import. It also has a function to Update. This is a very nice feature that would be great to see in a future version of iCagenda. This feature is available in the free version of JEvents.

Thank you for suggestion. Will keep this in mind for future roadmap ;-)

Grossinho wrote: Hi

I see you have the the inclusion of sub-categories in your road-map, but another interesting feature (and very handy to me :)) would the possibility to have multiple categories in one event

Great Work

Thanks! Just answered to another user above in this message (yes, i've planned it in the roadmap! ;-) )

PeteSCCS wrote: Xmap plugin :)

Will add it in the roadmap, when i will update it in August ;-)

Thank you all for your ideas, contributions, support! :)

I will take rest for a few days during summer holidays, and will be back with more energy for new improvements of iCagenda! B)

See you soon!
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Lyr!C.

• Chacapamac
More
9 years 8 months ago #7813 by Chacapamac
I agree, I think this is of prime importance for any event component. Without the ability to search directly the route to the event the Google Map have little purpose as the address is display in text.
This is a most...

• ivodeb
More
9 years 7 months ago #7868 by ivodeb
First of all, thank you for this very nice extension.

I want to display the list to "Public" but reservations only for "Registered" people. Can that be done?

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new