Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[VIEWED] Multiple Category Events on Same Day Calendar Display

• Jed Keenan
  • Jed Keenan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2305 by Jed Keenan
I have events, in different categories scheduled for the same day and would like to show them in the monthly calendar display. Maybe the display colour by fractions so that the left and right for two or left middle and right etc. for three or more could be displayed.
I live with emails from those wanting to double check as the display only shows the first and not all of the events but this isn't the worlds biggest dilemma.

Priority is singular.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [VIEWED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 2 months ago #2308 by Lyr!C
If you mean the first color (the first event to come) when more than one event per day ?...

It would be difficult do do it in an other way, or without color.
But the "+" icon is there for people to know that there are multiple events that day...

multiple colors is impossible, because how you do that if 20 events in one day ? :silly:

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Jed Keenan
  • Jed Keenan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #2309 by Jed Keenan
Merci beaucoup.

I guess an upper limit would be required, say 4, but 20 would be a vision to behold! :sick:

Priority is singular.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 2 months ago #2310 by Lyr!C
I had a great discussion about it, I am asked many questions, and I made several tests ... And I opted for the icon "+" and I kept the color of the nearest event (because if default color, also risks of confusion ...)

This is the simplest way i have found today, but if someone know a better way, fitting all the possible uses... B)

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Mata
More
11 years 2 months ago #2391 by Mata

I had a great discussion about it, I am asked many questions, and I made several tests ... And I opted for the icon "+" and I kept the color of the nearest event (because if default color, also risks of confusion ...)

This is the simplest way i have found today, but if someone know a better way, fitting all the possible uses... B)

Hi, I wonder whether there is any way to change this color (i.e. to take it from another event).
I'm using !Cagenda on a website of an folklore ensemble. There are two categories, "the events the ensebmle is taking part in" (let's say the color is red) and "other events in the region" (e.g. the color is yellow).
When there are more events from both of these categories on the same day, I would like the color in the calendar to be set red (because these events are more relevant). The only way I found is to set the time of the event to 00:00 so it's shown at the top.
Is not vital, however, it might be good to have some function like "main event". :)

Thanks

PS: I hope the text is clear, I'm not used to write in English. :)

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 2 months ago #2406 by Lyr!C
oh Yes !

It's a good idea to add a default color option, if more than one event !

I will work on it !
Great!
Thanks ! ;)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• bradlybeukes
More
11 years 1 month ago #2937 by bradlybeukes
Hi all,

Have we had any luck with doing this? I'm also desperate to give an event priority of which color shows up first on the module when there is more than one event on any given day.

Your help is much appreciated.

Brad

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 1 month ago #3023 by Lyr!C

bradlybeukes wrote: Hi all,

Have we had any luck with doing this? I'm also desperate to give an event priority of which color shows up first on the module when there is more than one event on any given day.

Your help is much appreciated.

Brad

Currently, it is the color of the first next date of the event, which is in first position.

I will add more features when i will work on re-coding the module, but this month i'm working on component, and feature to add event in front-end. B)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new