Forum

× Help Forum English

[DEVELOPPEMENT QUESTIONS] File roadmap

• barkatmoon
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #3223 by barkatmoon
[DEVELOPPEMENT QUESTIONS] File roadmap was created by barkatmoon
Is there some sort of file roadmap where i can find what file has what function and wher it is located?

I have done some changes on ICagenda, it works great (front end registrations listing for example "the easy way...")
I have some more functions wich I want to add (I know they will be official available in a future update but I like to adjust things myselve once and a while, also I want to learn the File structures within my site)

So if you have some documentation about the files, it would be a great help for me.

Thank you so far for this great component.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Lyr!C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3225 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic File roadmap
Hi!

There's no xmap of iCagenda files, and their functions... As it is evolving currently every week ! ;-)

But, if you have skill in developpement, and want to work on adding some features, let me know!
Currently, i'm alone to develop it (some users were working on some functions, but no news since a long time, so i will do them by myself...)

Lyr!C

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• barkatmoon
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3228 by barkatmoon
Replied by barkatmoon on topic File roadmap
I am not that skillful to be honest. I'm just a beginner who is eager to learn.
I'm reading article after article about overrides, module structures, database usage, css, xml, joomla programming and so on to learn understanding how everything works. I wish I could have been more help for you.

The only thing i have is an override wich shows the registered users to an event, it won't help you much (no back end options to turn it on and off, just a DB query and an objectlist)

I hope to join a project in the future, as soon as I truely understand the whole package.

I can try to develop a backend option to this function to switch it on and off if it would be any help for you.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3230 by Lyr!C

barkatmoon wrote: I am not that skillful to be honest. I'm just a beginner who is eager to learn.
I'm reading article after article about overrides, module structures, database usage, css, xml, joomla programming and so on to learn understanding how everything works. I wish I could have been more help for you.

The only thing i have is an override wich shows the registered users to an event, it won't help you much (no back end options to turn it on and off, just a DB query and an objectlist)

I hope to join a project in the future, as soon as I truely understand the whole package.

I can try to develop a backend option to this function to switch it on and off if it would be any help for you.

This is a good way to learn! I do it, and learn new things every day!

About list of participants, this option is already implemented with options in the last versions of iCagenda... you may work with an old version ?

Don't forget that editing core files can make problems when update...
If you are searching for where a function is, just ask me, but in the last version, as sometimes i move some functions from a file to another... (always, in each update, doing a better coding ! ;-) )

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• barkatmoon
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3242 by barkatmoon
Just updated, looks great, thank you!

I have a question, in what file can i add extra fields to put in the DB in case of registration (i want to add city and dat of birth wich i can get from the cb profile)

and, what file turns registrations on and off (been searching for a while how that works but i cant really find it)

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3249 by Lyr!C

barkatmoon wrote: Just updated, looks great, thank you!

I have a question, in what file can i add extra fields to put in the DB in case of registration (i want to add city and dat of birth wich i can get from the cb profile)

This is a feature i will add in the future : personal fields.
But currently, i'm working on "Submit an event" in front-end, and working better on access permissions.
So, i think i will begin work on adding more options to registration in May.
Currently, registration is using registration.php for the form, and icmodel.php to send the data to the database. But if you want to add field using data, you will have to create new columns in #__icagenda_registration . But this will give not possibility to have future updates as modified core files will be overwritten...

barkatmoon wrote: and, what file turns registrations on and off (been searching for a while how that works but i cant really find it)

You have this option in the event editing now ;-)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• barkatmoon
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3253 by barkatmoon
Thank you for your answer.

I know the on/off function is in the event editing, but want to add some funcionality to it (registration deadline) and i wat the participants visible when registration is turned off.
So thats why I ask for it.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3258 by Lyr!C

barkatmoon wrote: (registration deadline) and i wat the participants visible when registration is turned off.
So thats why I ask for it.

This, and other features will be added in the future to registration system. (not sure this month, because i'm currently working on "Submit an event" in front-end, and "permission access"...)

B)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: barkatmoon

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new